Board Committee MembershipMembership Information:
The Warwick Board of School Directors committee system has been designed and implemented to encourage citizen participation in the consideration of the business and decisions affecting school district operations. This has been achieved by having community representatives serve on the Education, Building & Property, Finance & Legal, and Student Activities Committees.
Each of these committees is comprised of Board members, administrators, teachers, and citizens. This mix of individuals provides a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and opinions necessary to effectively review district issues.
The following structure governs membership on Board/Community committees:
- Each committee will be chaired by a member of the Warwick Board of School Directors.
- Two members of the Warwick Board of School Directors will be appointed to each committee.
- One or two members of the professional staff will be appointed to each committee to serve for a period of three (3) years.
- Three to seven community members will be appointed to each committee to serve for a period of three (3) years.
- Two to three members of the administrative team will be appointed to each committee.
- Committee members absent from three consecutive meetings or four meetings without valid reasons during the period of one year will be asked to resign their committee assignments.
- Warwick School District residents interested in membership on committees should submit a letter of interest and resume to the Superintendent for consideration when openings occur.
- All community representatives will be approved by the Board of School Directors
Citizen appointments to Board Committees will be arranged on a rotating basis in August of each year, providing for one-third of the committee to be replaced annually. Unfilled terms created by resignations will be filled by Board appointment.
As always, board committee meetings remain open to the public and may be attended by any member of the community or staff.Individuals interested in becoming a member of a Committee should submit a letter of interest along with a resume to the Superintendent's Office at any time. If there are no openings on a committee, the information will be retained by the district for future consideration.
There are no openings at this time (as of 2/17/2022).
Other board committees:
All committee agendas and minutes can be found here.
- Personnel Committee
- Labor and Management Committee
- Committee of the Whole
- PSBA Legislative