Home and School Visitor
District Home and School Visitor has a Master's degree in a Human Services
field and is Pennsylvania-certified in the area of Home/School Visitor.
She serves as a liaison between school and student home on attendance/ truancy
issues; liaison between school and community groups providing outreach and
benefit programs for special needs students; responsible party for
determination of student eligibility for variety of school and community
Specific responsibilities of
the Home and School Visitor include the following:
- Represents the district at hearings and court procedures
concerning student attendance/truancy.
- Completes citation procedure for attendance problems as
prosecuting party representing the district.
- Assists staff and parents with information about
individual child’s capabilities, needs, etc.
- Assists students and families in matters of concern
regarding school attendance or special needs.
- Completes social summaries at request of guidance
counselors for home component of student case file.
- Identifies students excluded from typical student
activities as a result of socio-economic disadvantages and provide aid or
remediation to include students in school life.
- Refers problems of district students and families to
appropriate community agencies.
- Completes home visits for determination of school
jurisdiction for attendance in district.
- Coordinates Power Pack Project for Warwick School
- Serves as Homeless liaison for Warwick School District.
Home and School Visitor: