Keys To Success
Policies for Success
What every student needs to do to be successful:
1. Attend school regularly and participate actively in class activities & discussions.
2. Complete all assignments and turn them in on time.
3. Review class notes and assignments regularly and especially before tests and quizzes.
4. Write assignments in planners and keep notebooks organized.
All assignments are expected in class the day they are due. If an assignment is missing, a zero will be earned.
Extended assignments deemed significant by your teachers are also expected in class the day they are due. However, they will be accepted late for a teacher-determined grade deduction; for example, a letter grade may be dropped each day.
Our goal is to see students succeed in school, and one way to accomplish this is to encourage planning and organization; therefore, we expect all students to use planners. It may be the time tracker provided by the school or any other form of assignment book that students wish to use. We encourage students to record assignments on a daily basis and form habits that will give them the best chance for success.
Items for Success - These items should be with the students at all times.
Writing Utensil, Notebook Paper, Assignment Book, Binder/Folder with Class Materials, Calculator, Required Texts, and Reading Materials for Study Hall
“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation,
hard work, and learning from failure.”
What parents can do to help:
1. Ask to see your child's assignment book.
2. Ask your child what he or she did in each class.
3. Be sure your child has a quiet place to study.
4. If necessary, schedule a required time and place for your student to study daily.
5. Read what the experts say:
The Gifted Kids Survival Guide II by James and Judy Galbraith
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey
6. Stay in contact with your child's teachers.
Ways to stay in touch with teachers:
• Call the guidance office to schedule a conference. We have team meetings three or four periods per week.
• Leave a message with the secretary in the office (626-3701) saying you would like one teacher to call with an update from the entire team. Leave times that you will most likely be available the following day.
• Email your teachers at the following addresses:
Mrs. Gallagher (science) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Hazel (language arts) email@example.com
Mrs. Kemper (math) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Martin (social studies) email@example.com
Ms. Schonour (language arts) firstname.lastname@example.org
"Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you get the result."
- Oscar Wilde 1854-1900
Page was last updated on: Sunday, September 9, 2012
Page has been viewed 330 times since 08-31-2011
Copyright © 2004, Warwick. All rights reserved.